Life is busy, but there are plenty of ways to build physical activity into our lives and being more active is easier than you may think. Start by incorporating activity into your daily routine and TRI being organized to maximise your TRIactive experience.
Top Tips to Get You Started.
1. Enlist some support - Sharing is more fun and so ask a friend, a partner or a work colleague to sign up for the program to boost confidence and make it an even more sociable experience. Exercise, feel good and catch up with friends all at once!
2. Kit concerns? - There is no need to be worried about the need to have fancy kit during the TRIactive program as the sessions are held in swimming pools and on spin bikes. Your essentials are bathers and goggles for the swim and then comfortable trainers and regular exercise clothing for the spin/run session. No Lycra required!
3. Pace yourself - If it's been a while since you exercised regularly, don't worry! Your TRIactive coach will gauge how the group are going from the first session and ensure that participants get the most out of sessions by making them challenging, but achievable.
4. Speak to your coach - As the program unfolds you will notice your confidence in the pool increasing and your pacing on the spin bike improving too. However, if you feel you aren't progressing, don't bottle it up! Discuss any issues with your coach and group members as the spirit of TRIactive is creating an environment that is challenging, but safe, inclusive, fun and rewarding too...so don't be shy.
5. Set achievable goals - Whether it's swimming one more length of the pool or pedaling the spin bike in a higher than previous gear, small and achievable goals will help you progress, feel rewarded and have fun!
6. Enjoy yourself! - Perhaps the most important thing of all during the TRIactive program is that you enjoy yourself and have fun! You may find some sessions harder than others - even a bad night's sleep can cause that - but taking small steps and having fun is all you need to do and that should come naturally with TRIactive.